Thursday, October 02, 2014

Back to PORTUGAL

Hello

I'm glad to inform you that I've returned to Portugal with my mother... her recuperation on the last weeks is simply amazing and, against all odds, there will be no major sequels to the sepsis - she's a survivor!

At the moment she is in a physical rehabilitation center to regain muscular strength and it will take another 5-6 weeks until the magical moment when she can return home... sometimes all this still feels unreal, first the accident and the suffering and now the wonderful recuperation that helps replacing all the bad memories.

Meanwhile my wife is also recovering well, still in physiotherapy because of the fractures on the hipbone, gaining strength slowly but steady...

I still don't know when will I return to my postcard hobby, maybe in January (new year, new life)... until then I would like to thank all the postcards and e-mails I received with nice words that really helped me keeping the faith.

See you soon... 

5 comments:

  1. Happy to hear good news, all the best for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home, Joao!
    Wish much health to all your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ola Joao. Glad you're home as well as your Mom and wife and all doing better. It must have been quite a fright, hopefully that will soon be forgotten...
    Will see you back in action when you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to here things are going in the right direction :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are you Joao? And your family?

    ReplyDelete