Thursday, July 03, 2014

Vintage Mountie - CANADA

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police have one of the most unique and well known uniforms in the whole world. Commonly called "The Mounties" this national force was established in 1920 and quickly became a worldwide icon of Canada. Knowing my love for vintage cards, Brenda sent me this amazing "Kodachrome" postcard from the 50s showing one officer and his horse. Thank you so much Brenda (aka Roxy), I've been looking for a card like this for ages (I don't know if I told you, but I used to dream of becoming a Mountie when I was a toddler... ok, and a cowboy, a astronaut, a F1 pilot and a rock star among many others - yes, I'm a natural born dreamer!). This postcard took 7 days to arrive!
  
Royal Canadian Mounted Police - CANADA
   
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), colloquially known as the "Mounties", is both a federal and a national police force of Canada, and one of the most recognized of its kind in the world. It is unique in the world as a national, federal, provincial, and municipal policing body. The RCMP provides policing services to all of Canada at a federal level, and also on a contract basis to the three territories, eight of Canada's provinces (it does not provide provincial or municipal policing in either Ontario or Quebec), more than 190 municipalities, 184 aboriginal communities, and three international airports.
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment