Thursday, July 03, 2014

The Routemaster, London - ENGLAND

This official postcard with the historic red double-decker Routemaster and the new model that is currently in use, didn't came from London, of even England but from Toulouse in southern France where the postcrosser lives (her mother is from Britain so she often go to London). Merci beaucoup Alice, gros bisous! (yes, I do speak and read French, not so well as English but I can understand almost everything, thanks to my wife that is a french teacher and sometimes tries to show me how to speak that language, but believe me, my pronunciation is awful, I always sound like the policemen in the 'Allo Allo' series, remember?). This postcard took 4 days to arrive!
 
London's Old and New Red Buses - ENGLAND - UK
  
The London Bus is one of London's principal icons, the archetypal red rear-entrance Routemaster being recognised worldwide.  "London Buses" is the subsidiary of "Transport for London" (TfL) that manages bus services within Greater London, England. Buses are required to carry similar red colour Although the Routemaster has now been largely phased out of service, with only two heritage routes still using the vehicles, the majority of buses in London are still red and therefore the red double-decker bus remains a widely recognised symbol of the city.
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment