Wednesday, July 09, 2014

OKLAHOMA Map

Doing the Historic Route 66 from coast to coast in the United States of America is another of those dreams I have that I hope I'll manage to do one day! If I ever get to really do it, more than 400 miles of that long road-trip will be made in Oklahoma State (well, I already got the map!) Thank you very much Valerie for sending me this map, the 20th on my US State Map collection (hey I'm almost halfway throught). This postcard took 8 days to arrive!

Route 66 on Oklahoma State Map - USA
 
Oklahoma is a state located in the South Central United States. The state's name is derived from the Choctaw words okla and humma, meaning "red people". It is also known informally by its nickname, The Sooner State, in reference to the non-Native settlers who staked their claims on the choicest pieces of land prior to the official opening date, and the Indian Appropriations Act of 1889, which opened the door for white settlement in America's Indian Territory. Its residents are known as Oklahomans or, informally "Okies", and its capital and largest city is Oklahoma City.
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment