Monday, July 07, 2014

Canaima - VENEZUELA - UNESCO #701

Today I only had this two postcards on my mailbox, but I tell you I was really happy to get them. Back in February I've sent a message to two postcrossers from Venezuela asking for a swap - soon I've found that they were sisters and that both were interested in swapping cards with the warning that postal service from Venezuela to Europe sometimes get delayed... and it's true, because only today I got those postcards, one with the date of Feb 3rd and another Feb 6th! Thank you so much Maria and Zorayda for the amazing cards and nice stamps (one with Hugo Chávez) - Canaima is one of those lost paradises of this planet that I dream to visit one day (some spots were used as inspiration to the sets of the Planet Pandora in the movie 'Avatar') and because it's a UNESCO WHS, my collection grows to 417 (only 590 to finish). This postcards took 151 days to arrive!
  
UNESCO #701 - Hacha Falls, Canaima - VENEZUELA

UNESCO #701 - Canaima Multiview - VENEZUELA
   
Canaima National Park is spread over 3 million ha in south-eastern Venezuela along the border between Guyana and Brazil. Roughly 65% of the park is covered by table mountain (tepui) formations. The tepuis constitute a unique biogeological entity and are of great geological interest. The sheer cliffs and waterfalls, including the world's highest (Angel Falls with a free drop of 1,002 m), form a spectacular landscape.
   
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment