Friday, June 13, 2014

Wooden Churches of BELARUS

From Belarus (a place I'm really consider visiting next year) comes this beautiful postcard with the shape of the country and one of the most famous cultural and architectonic landmarks of that region, the wooden churches. Thank you very much Alex (I do hope that everything goes well on your travel to Rome - I'm sure you'll love it, it's a fantastic city). This postcard took 13 days to arrive!
 
Wooden Churches of BELARUS
  
Belarus, officially the Republic of Belarus, is a landlocked country in Eastern Europe bordered by Russia to the northeast, Ukraine to the south, Poland to the west, and Lithuania and Latvia to the northwest. Its capital is Minsk. The name Belarus corresponds literally with the term White Rus'. The name Rus' is often conflated with its Latin forms Russia and Ruthenia, thus Belarus is often referred to as White Russia or White Ruthenia.
  
  
  

2 comments:

  1. oh, I so like postcards painted by this artist :)
    P.S. we are selecting a country for visiting this year. I says my husband - go to Portugal! But we still haven't known where we go from Chisinau )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Portugal is always a good choice! :D
    Write me if you decide to come here, I'll help you pick the best locations...

    ReplyDelete