Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Venice Map - ITALY - UNESCO #394

This beautiful Map-Card show all the 6 zones of Venice (called "sestieri"), each one painted with a different color (in the map of course, not in real life). I spent 3 amazing days there in 2011 and I really would love to return one day, it's a magical place. Thank you very much Massimo for this great addition to both my UNESCO and Maps collection.  This postcard took 5 days to arrive!
   
UNESCO #394 - Venice and its Lagoon (Map) - FRANCE
 
Founded in the 5th century and spread over 118 small islands, Venice became a major maritime power in the 10th century. The whole city is an extraordinary architectural masterpiece in which even the smallest building contains works by some of the world's greatest artists such as Giorgione, Titian, Tintoretto, Veronese and others.
 
    
 

3 comments:

  1. I was in Italy in 2010, hard to believe how time flies! Spent 2 days in Venice and loved it with all my heart ;) I was rather not too excited about going there, as some of the places I've gone to, turned out to be overrated but not Venice. Beautiful and enchanted place, would love to go there again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean... when a place is very famous and expectations are really high sometimes we get a big disappointment, but I totally agree that not Venice, it's really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It happened to me in Dublin and London! I will probably not change my mind about Dublin because I lived there for over 3 years. London maybe, I haven't been there in spring or summer and in autumn or winter almost all cities don't look appealing...

      Delete