Monday, June 02, 2014

TEXAS Map

The second official of the day is a Map-card of the Lone Star State, Texas - the postcrosser that sent it lives in the Alamo (Remember the Alamo!!!) and after checking my US State Map collection she picked this one for me. Thank you very much Ashley, some days ago I got another Texas Map from a swap so it's not a new state to the collection, but no worries, I love your card (I love every card I receive) and thankfully is very different from the previous one, so Texas is the first State that I have 2 postcards (Don't Mess With Texas!). This postcard took 14 days to arrive!
 
TEXAS Map and Symbols - USA
  
Texas is the second most populous (after California) and the second-largest of the 50 U.S. states (after Alaska) in the United States of America. Austin is the state capital and Houston is the largest city in Texas (and the fourth-largest in the United States). Texas is nicknamed the Lone Star State to signify Texas as a former independent republic and as a reminder of the state's struggle for independence from Mexico. Due to its long history as a center of the cattle industry, Texas is associated with the image of the cowboy.
  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment