Friday, June 13, 2014

Szczecin - POLAND

To be honest I've never heard of the city of Szczecin, a inner harbour on the Polish coast, not far from the border with Germany and I now really feel curious about this city with more than 1200 years of history (almost everyday I fell my horizons spread thank to Postcrossing). Thank you Justyna, I really like the design and the fake vintage look of this official card. This postcard took 7 days to arrive!

Szczecin - POLAND
   
Szczecin is the capital city of the West Pomeranian Voivodeship in Poland. In the vicinity of the Baltic Sea, it is the country's seventh-largest city and a major seaport in Poland. Szczecin is located on the Oder River, south of the Szczecin Lagoon and the Bay of Pomerania. The city's history began in the 8th-century with a Slavic Pomeranian stronghold, built at the site of today's castle.
  
  
 

3 comments:

  1. I lived there for a few years and if I go back to Poland I will stay there. It is a nice, developing city. The part of the city from the postcard is called Wały Chrobrego, by the Oder bank. Because of the port many people in Poland think that Szczecin is a seaside city, but it's not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't knew you were from there... what a coincidence! And you're right, when I read seaport I thought it was on the coast, only after checking it on the Map I realize the exact location. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's not my hometown, I only lived here for like 4 years and liked it :) There is a castle rather close to the place from the photo, I got married there. There is also a maritime university and a shipyard. Everybody could get confused with that :)

      Delete