Monday, June 23, 2014

St. John's Cathedral, 's-Hertogenbosch - NETHERLANDS

Today I received a envelope from the Netherlands with a code (postcard ID) written - when I opened it I found it was not one official card but two... two amazing Maxi-Cards from the 80s! This one shows the St. John's Cathedral in 's-Hertogenbosch, the magnificent Gothic cathedral I had chance to visit last summer and from where I sent a postcard to myself. Thank you very much Angela. This postcard took 6 days to arrive!
 
 St. John's Cathedral in 's-Hertogenbosch (Maxi-Card) - NETHERLANDS
 
The Roman Catholic Cathedral Church of St. John (Sint-Janskathedraal) of 's-Hertogenbosch, North Brabant is the height of gothic architecture in the Netherlands. It has an extensive and richly decorated interior, and serves as the cathedral for the bishopric of 's-Hertogenbosch. The cathedral has a total length of 115 and a width of 62 metres. Its tower reaches 73 metres high. In 1985, it received the honorary title of Basilica Minor from pope John Paul II.
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment