Friday, June 13, 2014

Maputo - MOZAMBIQUE

This special card is the 1000th postcard I upload to this blog! And it's the first that didn't arrive in the date of the post, in fact it arrived to my mailbox almost 10 years ago (October 2004) when I was working in Mozambique and sent it to my wife Eva - we weren't married yet back then, we only met in April 2004 and it's funny, when I went to Africa in August same year it took only a couple of weeks for us to understand that we were meant to be with each other for the rest of our lives. From Maputo I have lots of awesome memories and it still makes me shiver looking at photos like this of that wonderful promenade on the shores of Indian Ocean. I was the sender of this card but here I want to thank Eva for a decade (whoa, 10 years! really?) of love and incredible happiness... all that I wrote on the message in the back of the card then is still true! I love you very much...
    
Avenida Marginal in of Maputo (Romantic City) - MOZAMBIQUE
  
Maputo, is the capital and largest city of Mozambique. It is known as the City of Acacias, in reference to acacia trees commonly found along its avenues, and the Pearl of the Indian Ocean. Today, it is a port city on the Indian Ocean, with its economy centered around the harbour. Cotton, sugar, chromite, sisal, copra, and hardwood are the chief exports. The city manufactures cement, pottery, furniture, shoes, and rubber. The city is surrounded by Maputo Province, but is administered as its own province.
  
  
 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Maputo bay! And congratulations on your 10 years of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful view. Thanks for sharing it and your story. I wish you more and more happy years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Really, nice to read such stories! I met my husband in 2004, too!

    ReplyDelete