Monday, June 23, 2014

HAWAII Map

Aloha! My newest addition to my US State Map collection didn't came from location, the sender lives in Washington, but was bought there last November when she went visit her father-in-law. Thank you very much Beckie for this awesome card and your message - visiting Hawaii is a old dream I have (since I was a young boy and watched a Elvis Presley movie set there) and when I got married I thought of having my honeymoon there, but unfortunately it's to expensive (another of those destinations that only the lottery will allow me to visit). This postcard took 11 days to arrive!
  
HAWAII Map and Symbols - USA
 
Hawaii is the most recent of the 50 U.S. states (joined the Union on August 21, 1959), and is the only U.S. state made up entirely of islands. It is the northernmost island group in Polynesia, occupying most of an archipelago in the central Pacific Ocean,which comprises hundreds of islands spread over 1,500 miles (2,400 km). Its capital is Honolulu on the island of Oʻahu. Hawaii diverse natural scenery, warm tropical climate, abundance of public beaches, oceanic surroundings, and active volcanoes make it a popular destination for tourists, (wind) surfers, biologists, and volcanologists alike. 
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment