Monday, June 02, 2014

Happy Postcrossing from GUERNSEY

You can't imagine my surprise when I picked this card from my mailbox, specially after I saw who was signing it - it's a celebration card of the new Guernsey Postcrossing Stamp and in the official launch, the founders of Postcrossing Paulo and Ana gathered in Guernsey Post office with other postcrossers and sent a dozen postcards signed by all - I was one of the lucky guys that got one! Thank you very much for this card Ana, Paulo, Peter, Jessica, Dean, Monica, Michael and two more signatures I can't understand. I've also scanned the funny stamp (something I normally don't do but that I'm seriously considering starting, maybe in a different blog, organized by countries because some of them are just awesome). This postcard took 5 days to arrive!
 
Postcrossing comemorative postcard and stamp - GUERNSEY
 
  
Guernsey, officially the Bailiwick of Guernsey, is a British Crown dependency in the English Channel off the coast of Normandy. Although its defence is the responsibility of the United Kingdom, the Bailiwick is not part of the United Kingdom but rather a possession of the British Crown. It lies within the Common Travel Area of the British Isles and is not a member of the European Union, but has a special relationship with it, being treated as part of the European Community for the purposes of free trade in goods. Together, the Bailiwick of Guernsey and Bailiwick of Jersey form the geographical grouping known as the Channel Islands.
  
 
 

6 comments:

  1. oh man you are so lucky, good connections! I had to swap mine in an envelope, i rarely do that but this one had to be had ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't connections, just pure luck! I signed for a lottery that Ana launched on the Forum and happened to be one of the winners... :) and that's why it was a total surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky of you to get a special card, the stamp is also very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so noone knew they won the lottery until they got the card, cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So great surprise :)
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes it was a total surprise indeed... the lottery was drawn at Guernsey and Ana accessed the Postcrossing database to get our addresses so nobody knew who the winners were until opening the mailbox! I was lucky... :)

    ReplyDelete