Friday, June 27, 2014

Cathedral of Christ's Nativity, Tiraspol - TRANSNISTRIA (MOLDOVA)

I really find the photo of this card one of the most beautiful of my collection, not only for the nice water reflection (one of my favorite type of photos) but for the great brown, orange and yellow color patterns and the way the blue sky contrasts with the cathedral - I really love this one. Thank you very much Igor, for sending me my first card from Transnistria! Please don't be mad with me for labeling this card under Moldova, but it's where your country still is registered in the ISO 3166 - and thank you for the beautiful Moldova stamp of the Olympic Games. This postcard took 10 days to arrive!
  
Cathedral of Christ's Nativity, Tiraspol - TRANSNISTRIA (MOLDOVA)
 
The Nativity Church, also known as the Cathedral of Christ's Nativity, is the largest and newest church in Tiraspol, the capital of Transnistria. It is a Russian Orthodox Church completed in 1999 to serve as the Mother Church of the Orthodox Christian Diocese of Tiraspol. In 2001, the cathedral's image was displayed on the principal coins struck for a commemorative series of gold and silver currency featuring Orthodox Temples of Transnistria.
  
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment