Friday, June 13, 2014

Altai, Siberia - RUSSIA - UNESCO #768

This beautiful official card gave me a sensation of 'déja vu' and then I recalled a swap I made October last year and yes it's a exact copy - it's the first time it happens to me, but I really don't mind, as I normally say (and really believe), each postcard has a story and I wouldn't dream of not posting this one or not saving it on my archives because I already have one with the same photo (but of course with a different message and sender). Thank you Ira, I appreciate the fact that you've chosen a UNESCO card and the stamps you used are really amazing. This postcard took 37 days to arrive!
  
UNESCO #768 - Altai, Siberia - RUSSIA
 
The Altai mountains in southern Siberia form the major mountain range in the western Siberia biogeographic region and provide the source of its greatest rivers – the Ob and the Irtysh. The region represents the most complete sequence of altitudinal vegetation zones in central Siberia, from steppe, forest-steppe, mixed forest, subalpine vegetation to alpine vegetation. The site is also an important habitat for endangered animal species such as the snow leopard.
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment