Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Keukenhof Park - THE NETHERLANDS

Today I received a wonderful surprise. My friend Paula from the Postcrossing Forum went on a wild trip the Netherlands and she sent me a beautiful card from Keukenhof Park, the biggest flower gardens in Europe where 7 million flower bulbs are planted annually (it was the biggest in the world until the moment that the excessive Dubai Secret Garden open doors). It's signed by several other postcrossing members that organized a meeting while she was there. Thank you very much Paula, Jetske, Sofa, Tjitsle, Telenn, Isagy and Astrid for remembering me! This postcard took 8 days to arrive!

Keukenhof Park, Lisse - THE NETHERLANDS
  
Keukenhof, also known as the Garden of Europe,is located in South Holland in the small town of Lisse, south of Haarlem and southwest of Amsterdam in the Netherlands. The garden was established in 1949 by the then-mayor of Lisse. The idea was to present a flower exhibit where growers from all over the Netherlands and Europe could show off their hybrids – and help the Dutch export industry (the Netherlands is the world's largest exporter of flowers).
  
  
 

2 comments:

  1. My daughter who now lives in Amsterdam, went to that park in April for the tulip show. I would love to visit it too, but the park will be closed by then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sami, the park is only open 2 months each year, mid March to mid May, and that's why I never visited it... but I would really love to one day!

    ReplyDelete