Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Bwindi Park - UGANDA - UNESCO #682

Today only one card was on my mailbox... but what a great card - this little treasure came all the way from Uganda, my first from there! It was sent by Cheema a postcrosser from Pakistan with whom I arrange a swap of some postcards from Pakistan... unfortunately they never arrived and to compensate that he sent me this one from location when he went to Uganda last month (he's working at DR Congo right now, but unfortunately it's almost impossible to arrange postcards from WHS in DR Congo, he says). In the Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, the most famous species is the mountain gorilla, but he picked this card with a baby hippo trying to cope with the mother. Thank you so much Cheema, I really appreciate your effort in sending me a UNESCO site postcard from Africa, it's a amazing contribution to my collection (as well as the stamps and cancelation from there) that now reaches 370, only 611 to finish. But I don't understand one thing... if the park is impenetrable, how did you manage to enter? This postcard took 24 days to arrive!
  
UNESCO #682 - Bwindi Impenetrable National Park - UGANDA
 
Located in south-western Uganda, at the junction of the plain and mountain forests, Bwindi Park covers 32,000 ha and is known for its exceptional biodiversity, with more than 160 species of trees and over 100 species of ferns. Many types of birds and butterflies can also be found there, as well as many endangered species, including the mountain gorilla.
  
  
 

4 comments:

  1. Que vontade de te roubar este postal!! Bela aquisição... oh, o hipopótamo bebé é tão fofo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe ) Baby hippo is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's really a awesome card - you can't imagine how happy I was when I got it, specially because I wasn't expecting it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you liked my card!
    I came across this post just today ... And it was fun to read it.
    I also often think that how an impenetrable forest could be entered ;)

    I pray that your family members get well soon and you return to the hobby as soon as possible :-)

    ReplyDelete