Monday, May 12, 2014

Bahá’i Shrine, Haifa - ISRAEL - UNESCO #1220

The Bahá'i Shrine is a structure in Haifa where the remains of the Báb have been buried in the beginning of the 20th century. I must confess I've never heard of Báb, founder of the Bábi Faith and forerunner of Bahá'u'llah in the Bahá'í Faith, but I promise that I'll research and try to learn something about him (I'm not a believer, but I really like to read and study about religion). Thank you Debora for sending me my 377th UNESCO WHS (604 more and I'm done). This postcard took 8 days to arrive!
  
UNESCO #1220 - Bahá’i Shrine, Haifa - ISRAEL
   
The Bahá’i Holy Places in Haifa and Western Galilee are inscribed for their profound spiritual meaning and the testimony they bear to the strong tradition of pilgrimage in the Bahá’i faith. The property includes the two most holy places in the Bahá’í religion associated with the founders, the Shrine of Bahá’u’lláh in Acre and the Shrine of the Báb in Haifa, together with their surrounding gardens, associated buildings and monuments. These two shrines are part of a larger complex of buildings, monuments and sites at seven distinct locations in Haifa and Western Galilee that are visited as part of the Bahá’i pilgrimage. 
  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment