Wednesday, May 28, 2014

ARKANSAS Map

The State of Arkansas map is my most recent addition to my map collection and it was sent by Kristy from Tennessee (that already sent me a map from her state). Although Tennessee and Arkansas are not that far away from each other she never went to "the Natural State". Thank you very much Kristy for my 14th map state (only three dozens missing). This postcard took 13 days to arrive! 
  
ARKANSAS Map and Symbols - USA
 
Arkansas is a state located in the Southern region of the United States. Its name is of Siouan derivation, denoting the Quapaw Indians. The state's diverse geography ranges from the mountainous regions of the Ozark and the Ouachita Mountains, which make up the U.S. Interior Highlands, to the densely forested land in the south known as the Arkansas Timberlands, to the eastern lowlands along the Mississippi River and the Arkansas Delta. Known as "the Natural State", the diverse regions of Arkansas offer residents and tourists a variety of opportunities for outdoor recreation. The capital and most populous city is Little Rock, located in the central portion of the state.
  
  
 

6 comments:

  1. I've got 21 state maps but stopped collecting some time ago.I'll be visiting the US in September, if you let me know what is missing I may try to send something :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind offer Monika, I've a list of my map collection here...
    http://joaonogueirapostcrossing.blogspot.pt/2013/04/map-card-collection.html
    Until September I'll probably have some more, what places will you visit?
    Meanwhile you can always send me a Barbados map! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be travelling to New York, Washington and drive to the Niagara Falls and Montreal :) Unfortunately there is no Barbadian map card :( I will watch your list and try to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice route - I've never been to USA, but I know that Area of Canada (Niagara Falls, Toronto, Monreal and Quebec)... my favorite town was Quebec, consider driving till there, it's well worth the strech I assure you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a map of Puerto Rico, if you don't mind getting it from Barbados, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks... I'll U2U in PC Forum! ;)

    ReplyDelete