Wednesday, April 09, 2014

West Lake Cultural Landscape of Hangzhou - CHINA - UNESCO #1334

A new UNESCO WHS from China arrived today to engross my collection. This photography doesn't show enough of the Hangzhou west lake landscape, I recommend you do a image search on the net and  then you'll understand what I'm saying... this really must be a awesome place. Thank you very much Luo, this is my 344th site in my collection, only 637 missing. This postcard took 20 days to arrive!
   
UNESCO #1334 - Hangzhou - CHINA
   
The West Lake Cultural Landscape of Hangzhou, comprising the West Lake and the hills surrounding its three sides, has inspired famous poets, scholars and artists since the 9th century. It comprises numerous temples, pagodas, pavilions, gardens and ornamental trees, as well as causeways and artificial islands. These additions have been made to improve the landscape west of the city of Hangzhou to the south of the Yangtze river.
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment