Monday, April 07, 2014

Wanaka - NEW ZEALAND

Look at this amazing picture (there's something really magic about water reflections), another great site and souvenir from one of Ron's many travels. New Zealand is one of those places I have on my "bucket list" since I was a teenager (I clearly remember the moment I first dream of visiting this country, it was in 1992 when I visited the Expo in Seville and watched a wonderful IMAX presentation with scenes from the natural parks with background music sang by Dame Kiri Te Kanawa), I really hope I have the chance to go there one day. Thanks a million Ron for another awesome postcard. This postcard took 12 days to arrive!

Glendhu Bay, Wanaka, Central Otago - NEW ZEALAND
 
Wanaka is a town in the Otago region of the South Island of New Zealand. It is situated at the southern end of Lake Wanaka, adjacent to the outflow of the lake to the Clutha River. It is the gateway to Mount Aspiring National Park. Wanaka is primarily a resort town but has both summer and winter seasons and is based around the many outdoor opportunities. The town is part of the Queenstown-Lakes District and was originally settled during the gold rush of the 19th century.
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment