Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Trakai Historical National Park - LITHUANIA - UNESCO TENTATIVE

The second card I got from Anton is also on the UNESCO list, not as a World Heritage Site, but still as a tentative to become one (curiously the only tentative site in Lithuania). It's the first time I read anything about Trakai, but I must say it really looks beautiful (I recommend everyone to check some photos on the web). Thank you very much Anton, I'll definitely include this park on my route when I finally get the chance to visit your country. This postcard took 6 days to arrive!
 
Trakai Park - LITHUANIA - UNESCO TENTATIVE
    
Trakai Park lies in the eastern part of the Lithuanian Republic, 25 km to the west of the capital city, Vilnius. Trakai Park stands in the Dzukija Upland area of the Baltic uplands at a height of 102-228 m above sea level. It covers an area of wooded lake land in eastern Dzukija, which is centred on the historical town of Trakai. The landscape of Trakai Park exudes particular beauty; in part this is natural and in part it is manmade. It covers an area of 8,200 ha which includes more than 32 lakes.

 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. And it is indeed a really nice place, I went there in January and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete