Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Town of Luang Prabang - LAOS - UNESCO #479

The last card of the day was a great surprise - My first postcard from Laos! On his "epic family vacation in Asia", Patrick went to Laos after visiting Cambodia (from where he sent me a card I've received 3 weeks ago) and when he went to the Town of Luang Prabang he gently took the time to send me from location this amazing card (with two wonderful stamps), one I wasn't expecting at all - Thank you so much PJ, I really hope you had the time of your life in your family adventure through Asia - you can't imagine my thrill when I picked this one from my mailbox today. With this epic card I cross a "hard to get" site from the list and see my collection grow to 364 sites, only 617 to finish. This postcard took 28 days to arrive!
 
UNESCO #479 - Wat Xieng Thong, Luang Prabang - LAOS
   
Luang Prabang is an outstanding example of the fusion of traditional architecture and Lao urban structures with those built by the European colonial authorities in the 19th and 20th centuries. Its unique, remarkably well-preserved townscape illustrates a key stage in the blending of these two distinct cultural traditions.
     
   
   

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, it must be wonderful to get a card from one of the "less touristic countries".

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed Sami, specially when you're not expecting...
    it's amazing how a small piece of colored paper can bright your day so much!...

    ReplyDelete