Sunday, April 20, 2014

Taroko National Park - TAIWAN

When I first grab this card, I tried to guess the country where it came from (something I like to do with every card I receive) and I must confess I would never thought that this snowy mountains landscape were in Taiwan (Canada or Switzerland were my choices). According to the sender this is the only place on Taiwan where you can walk on snow. Thank you very much Landy, this is my 850th card published on this blog - keeping this pace I'll reach the 1000 landmark before summer!

Taroko National Park - TAIWAN
 
Taroko National Park is one of the eight national parks in Taiwan and was named after the Taroko Gorge, the landmark gorge of the park. The park spans Taichung Municipality, Nantou County, and Hualien County. The park was originally established on December 1937 when Taiwan was part of the Empire of Japan. After the Empire of Japan's defeat in World War II, the Republic of China assumed control of Taiwan. The ROC government subsequently abolished the park on August 15, 1945. It was not until November 1986 that the park was reestablished.
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment