Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Postage Stamps - RUSSIA

This postcard is really like a mystery to me... I didn't ask for it in any swap or Tag and it's not a official card (I've contacted POSTCROSSING and there wasn't any officials from Russia sent by the end of March like this to me) and unfortunately I can't understand the handwriting of the signature. I don't collect stamps but I really like to look at all the different kinds I've been received (one of this days I'll start a gallery of all the stamps and postage cancellation marks) so I like this card and I'm thankful you sent it. This postcards took 13 days to arrive!
 
Postage Stamps from RUSSIA
 
The postage stamp idea had already swept much of the world when, in September 1856, the Russian authorities decided to follow suit. In October 20, 1857 Alexander II approved three two-color pattern printed in denominations of 10, 20 and 30 kopecks. Russia's first series of commemorative stamps appeared 2 January 1913 to mark the 300th anniversary of the Romanov dynasty. The period of the Russian Revolution is complicated philatelically. The first post-Soviet edition was held in February 1992.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment