Thursday, April 03, 2014

Palatinate Forest - GERMANY

This was a postcard that really took some time to understand - when I saw the word UNESCO I jumped right away to the UNESCO WHS and tentatives list and spent a lot of time reading them up and down and not being able to find Pfälzerwald... only after a while I understood this was a Biosphere Reserve! Now that I've located it on a Map and after reading so many things about this beautiful region, I think I will visit it the next time I go to Alsace in France. Thank you so much Henk for another amazing "surprise swap". This postcard took 4 days to arrive!
   
The Palatinate Forest Region - GERMANY
  
The Palatinate Forest (Pfälzerwald), sometimes also called the Palatine Forest, is a low-mountain region in southwestern Germany, located in the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. Together with the northern part of the adjacent Vosges Mountains in France it forms since 1998 the UNESCO-designated Palatinate Forest-North Vosges Biosphere Reserve. The biosphere reserve is one of the biggest forests in Europe.
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment