Monday, April 07, 2014

NORTH CAROLINA Map

The first card of this week is another US State map, this time North Carolina, the 12th of the 13 Original States and it was sent by Julie that lives just outside Raleigh, the State Capital. I must confess that when I saw this card for the first time I thought that someone has made a mistake because I immediately recognized the Cardinal and the Dogwood on the top left, they're almost a copy of the ones I saw on the Virginia map I've posted a few days ago. It turns out that both states have the same flower and bird as symbol! Thank you very much Julie for sending me my 8th US map.This postcard took 6 days to arrive!
 
NORTH CAROLINA Map and Symbols - USA
  
North Carolina is a state in Southeastern United States. The state borders South Carolina and Georgia to the south, Tennessee to the west, Virginia to the north, and the Atlantic Ocean to the east. Composed of 100 counties, North Carolina is known as the Tar Heel State and the Old North State. In the past five decades, North Carolina's economy has undergone a transition from heavy reliance upon tobacco, textiles, and furniture making to a more diversified economy with engineering, energy, biotechnology, and finance sectors.
  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment