Sunday, April 20, 2014

Kilimanjaro National Park - TANZANIA - UNESCO #403

The second card from Tanzania finally arrived! I'm really happy for getting this one, first because it's one of those places I would love to go (almost had the chance when I went to Dar-El-Salaam and Zanzibar, but didn't happened), second because I read that all the whole Canadian group made it to the top (I'm not sure if I would be able to do the 9 days hike in constant climbing, though). Thank you very much Jason, you really deserve that lager my friend (did you tried 'Tusker'? It's from Kenya I believe, but I remember loving it). This amazing postcard is a straight-to-favorites entry on my UNESCO collection that reaches 356 different sites, only 625 to finish (easy peasy!).
 
UNESCO #403 - Kilimanjaro Park - TANZANIA
  
At 5,895 m, Kilimanjaro is the highest point in Africa. This volcanic massif stands in splendid isolation above the surrounding plains, with its snowy peak looming over the savannah. The mountain is encircled by mountain forest. Numerous mammals, many of them endangered species, live in the park. 
   
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment