Friday, April 04, 2014

Hamburg - GERMANY

This is my 800th postcard received since I've started this adventure almost one year ago (I'll celebrate my first POSTCROSSING year on April 12th) - and what better card than a official from Germany (looking at my stats I find that it's by far the country with most official postcards exchanged, 16 sent and 22 received).  Thank you very much Heiner for helping me achieve this nice benchmark, I already have a Hamburg card, but every card is different and tells a unique story, in this case your recommendation to visit this beautiful city the next time I go to Germany (I'll try, I promise).  This postcard took 3 days to arrive! 
 
Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg - GERMANY
 
Hamburg began life as Hammaburg, a 9th-century fortress built by Charlemagne at the confluence of the little River Alster­ and the Elbe. Today it offers some unforgettable attractions for travelers, particularly those on a budget. Reconstructed facades, comprehensive art museums, church towers, and splendid waterside panoramas root the city in history down south, while up north, the radically liberal, only partially gentrified Schanzenviertel offers delicious food and low prices.
  
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment