Thursday, April 10, 2014

Black Forest Map - GERMANY

This official postcard comes from one of the few regions in Germany I actually know, the Black Forest, near the french border and not far from Strasbourg, where my sister in law lives - we went there once back in 2009 and I really liked it, so it's easy for me to believe you when you say it's one of your favourite spots to go skiing and snowboarding with your children in the winter. Thank you Gabriele, I really like this card and it's going straight to my Map-card collection (growing fast!). This postcard took 4 days to arrive!
 
The Black Forest Map and Multiview - GERMANY
 
The Black Forest (Schwarzwald) is a wooded mountain range in Baden-Württemberg, southwestern Germany. It is bordered by the Rhine valley to the west and south. The highest peak is the Feldberg with an elevation of 1,493 metres. There are many historic towns in the Black Forest. The main industry is tourism. In addition to the towns and monuments noted below, the Black Forest is crossed by numerous long distance footpaths, including some of the first to be established.
 
  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment