Friday, March 07, 2014

Little Pig - NETHERLANDS

-"Little pig, little pig, let me come in."
-"No, no, not by the hair on my chinny chin chin."
-"Then I'll huff, and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in."
As you can see, the Little Pig on this cute postcard was the lazy one, he built his house of straw, and was the first to end on the belly of the Big Bad Wolf... yes, I know the story is not like that and he manages to get away, but do you really believe that a piglet would outrun a wolf? Get serious, he was devoured right on the place! Thank you very much Marlies for this postcard and I really hope you have lots of fun this summer in Portugal on your first visit here (where are you going?). This postcard took 10 days to arrive!

Little Pig - THE NETHERLANDS
 
The domestic pig (Sus domesticus), sometimes called swine or hog, is a large, even-toed ungulate; it is considered a subspecies of the wild boar. Compared to other artiodactyls, their head is relatively long, pointed, and free of warts. Even-toed ungulates are generally herbivorous, although the domestic pig is an omnivore, like its wild ancestor. Domestic pigs are farmed primarily for the consumption of their flesh, called pork. Domestic pigs, especially the pot-bellied pig, are also kept as pets.
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment