Monday, March 10, 2014

Historic Center of Prague (MapCard) - CZECH REPUBLIC - UNESCO #616

One more map-card for my colection, this time with the historic center of the beautiful Praha (I think it's my first map showing a UNESCO town... great!). Thank you very much Vladka for your choice (and let me congratulate you for your recent masters degree - hope you'll be very happy in your new job), this postcard is going to be very useful next summer when I finally will have the chance to visit your country! This postcard took 11 days to arrive!
 
UNESCO #616 - Historic Center of Prague - CZECH REPUBLIC

Prague is one of the most beautiful cities in Europe in terms of its setting on both banks of the Vltava River, its townscape of burger houses and palaces punctuated by towers, and its individual buildings. Built between the 11th and 18th centuries, the Old Town, the Lesser Town and the New Town speak of the great architectural and cultural influence enjoyed by this city since the Middle Ages.
 
 
  

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing card!
    Prague is my favourite city :)

    Joao, have you visited it earlier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lena - No, not yet... this summer if all goaes as planned I'll have the chance to visit Czech Republic for the first time - Praha it's a place I dream to visit for so long... since it's your favorite city maybe you can give me some recommendations of the places you like the most, specially those that don't appear in tourist guides. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe) I visited this city only ones and met a really good man in our group )) he has a map with 50 the best places with Czech beer :)
      Actually I traveled alone with excursion, so even don't know what to recommend from non-touristic point of view..

      Delete
  3. Me and Eva have the habit of not going on excursions - the first day or two we cover the touristic spots that come on the guides and next we like to discover the places by ourselves and mingle among the locals... trying to get the maximum experience of each place. Speaking about beer, what's the best Czech Beer in your opinion? I only know Pilsner Urquell and Chodovar...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked beerhouse U Medvídků (address: Na Perštýně 345/7, Praha 1). This place has its own brewery on the second floor. So you can see how beer is made. Not on the first floor, only on the second! :)

      Delete