Friday, March 21, 2014

Hilden - GERMANY

Along with the three UNESCO cards that I've chosen for this swap, Marcel kindly sent me this beautiful winter view of the Holst House in the small town of Hilden, near Düsseldorf, a place he often goes. Thanks again Marcel for sending me this postcards, you've been a major help to achieve my goal of getting all the WHS in Germany, I'm almost there! This postcard took 3 days to arrive!

Haus Holst, Hilden - GERMANY
  
Hilden is a city in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia just 15 km east of Düsseldorf on the right side of the Rhine. Hilden was named in written sources already in the 10th century. In the time of industrialization many factories especially in textiles, engineering and painting had been founded. Since the 1960s thousands of foreign migrant workers were employed in various industrial sections. An economical boom in the following decades contributed to further expansion of the town.
  

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment