Monday, February 03, 2014

Châteaux in the Loire Valley - FRANCE - UNESCO #933

Another great double swap, this time with tho beautiful postcards with the famous Châteaux du Loire in France. When I wen to Normandy, on my way back to Portugal I've made a awesome road trip along the Loire River and stopped in the majority of the Châteaux (didn't visit them all, some are really expensive) but Chambord and Villandry are still very fresh in my memory, Villandry for the amazing gardens (I enjoyed the gardens more than the building itself). Thank you very much Nadia for this cards and for making my collection rise to 284 WHS (697 more and I'm done). This postcards took 5 days to arrive!

UNESCO #933 - Châteaux de Villandry, Loire Valley - FRANCE
  
UNESCO #933 - Châteaux de Chaumont, Loire Valley - FRANCE
  
The Loire Valley is an outstanding cultural landscape of great beauty, containing historic towns and villages, great architectural monuments (the châteaux), and cultivated lands formed by many centuries of interaction between their population and the physical environment, primarily the river Loire itself. The landscape of the Loire Valley, and more particularly its many cultural monuments, illustrate to an exceptional degree the ideals of the Renaissance and the Age of the Enlightenment on western European thought and design.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment