Monday, February 03, 2014

Historic Centre of Brugge - BELGIUM - UNESCO #996

Brugge (also called "Venise du Nord", Venice of the North) is considered by many the most beautiful place in Belgium; unfortunately I've never been there, it was one of the stops I had planned on my road trip last summer, but I didn't got that far. Thank you very much Natalia, I really love this card, specially because I'm from Aveiro, the "Portuguese Venice"! With this card, I reach the nice number of 285 UNESCO WHS in my collection, still need more 696. This postcard took 6 days to arrive!

UNESCO #996 - Historic Centre of Brugge - BELGIUM
 
Brugge is an outstanding example of a medieval historic settlement, which has maintained its historic fabric as this has evolved over the centuries, and where original Gothic constructions form part of the town's identity. As one of the commercial and cultural capitals of Europe, Brugge developed cultural links to different parts of the world. It is closely associated with the school of Flemish Primitive painting.

  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment