Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Geirangerfjord - NORWAY - UNESCO #1195

The first card of today came all the way from Norway, sent by my good friend Rima and it shows one of the two fjords classified by UNESCO and probably the main touristic atraction, specially for the sea cruises market (there's a cruise line that goes all the way from Copenhagen, Denmark  to Nordkapp, Norway that I dream of doing one day). Thank you very much Rima, I really love this photo and I can imagine myself spending a wonderful couple of weeks in that small hut (but in summer, of course!). Ok, my UNESCO collection now stands as follows: 292 down, 689 to go. This postcard took 3 days to arrive!
 
UNESCO #1195 - Geirangerfjord - NORWAY
 
Situated in south-western Norway, north-east of Bergen, Geirangerfjord and Nærøyfjord, set 120 km from one another, are part of the west Norwegian fjord landscape. The two fjords, among the world’s longest and deepest, are considered as archetypical fjord landscapes and among the most scenically outstanding anywhere. The sheer walls of the fjords have numerous waterfalls, while free-flowing rivers cross their deciduous and coniferous forests to glacial lakes, glaciers and rugged mountains.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I like mountains!! Very beautiful card :) Dream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lena - It's really awesome yes... I've checked your MapCards blog, very nice, congratulations... one of this days we must swap some postcards!

    ReplyDelete