Thursday, February 13, 2014

Bauhaus Sites, Dessau - GERMANY - UNESCO #729

The word Bauhaus for me is much more about music (because of the late 70s English band) than the German Architecture and Design School (that will celebrate one century soon). I've wrote it here several times that I'm not really a modern architecture lover, but I understand the importance of this movement in the definition of urban construction in present days.  Thank you so much Katrin, this card really helps making my collection a better one; the number of WHS is now 304, 677 more and I'm done (and only 8 missing from Germany!). This postcard took 7 days to arrive!
 
UNESCO #729 - Bauhaus School and Sites, Dessau - GERMANY
 
Between 1919 and 1933, the Bauhaus School, based first in Weimar and then in Dessau, revolutionized architectural and aesthetic concepts and practices. The buildings put up and decorated by the school's professors (Walter Gropius, Hannes Meyer, Laszlo Moholy-Nagy and Wassily Kandinsky) launched the Modern Movement, which shaped much of the architecture of the 20th century.
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment