Tuesday, January 07, 2014

The Russian Revolution of 1917 - CCCP

My 600th card received since I've started POSTCROSSING in May 2013... to be honest I didn't thought I would achieve such a benchmark (sometimes I get tired of hobbies after a couple of months, but this one I really think it came to stay for some years). This is another vintage soviet propaganda postcard celebrating the 1917 Revolution, slowly my CCCP cards collection is growing. Thank you so much Marina for this great card. This postcard took 23 days to arrive!
 
Russian Revolution of 1917 - CCCP
  
The Russian Revolution is the collective term for a series of revolutions in Russia in 1917, which dismantled the Tsarist autocracy and led to the creation of the Russian SFSR. The Emperor was forced to abdicate and the old regime was replaced by a provisional government during the first revolution of February 1917. In the second revolution, during October, the Provisional Government was removed and replaced with a Bolshevik (Communist) government.
 
  
 

2 comments: