Monday, January 06, 2014

Ski Total - SWITZERLAND

Now here's something I've never tried and, to be honest I think I never will - skiing (I'm not brave enough I'm afraid... scared of falling!). Every year millions of people goes to the mountains and climb their ski, Switzerland is of course in the top of the list and it was from there that my good friends Oscar and Daniela sent me this postcard with some nice Christmas wishes. Thanks a lot guys for remembering me. This postcard took 35 days to arrive!
  
Ski Total (Freestyle Fragnol) - SWITZERLAND
 
Skiing is a recreational activity and competitive sport in which the participant attaches skis to boots or shoes on the feet and uses them to travel on top of snow. Aside from recreation and competition, skiing has been used for military purposes and traveling in areas that experience heavy snowfall. Until about 19th century skiing was primarily used for practical transport purposes in snow-rich areas, from around 1860 skiing for recreation, exercise and competition was introduced.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment