Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Highland Cattle - SCOTLAND - UK

My first postcard from Scotland! Along with whisky, the Loch Ness Monster and the skirted pipers, this odd bulls with a crazy haircut are a major Scottish trademark. I've crossed the Highlands back in 2008 (one of the best driving trips I've made) and I took dozen of photos of this cute fellas. Thank you so much Heather, I do hope you can visit Portugal one day, we have lots of wonderful things over here, believe me. This postcard took 3 days to arrive!

Highland Cattle - SCOTLAND - UK
 
Highland cattle (Bò Ghàidhealach) are a Scottish breed of cattle with long horns and long wavy coats which are coloured black, brindled, red, yellow or dun. The breed was developed in the Scottish Highlands and Western Isles of Scotland. Breeding stock has been exported to the rest of the world, especially Australia and North America, since the early 20th Century. Their hair gives protection during the cold winters and their skill in looking for food allows them to survive in steep mountain areas.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment