Friday, January 24, 2014

Grand Canyon National Park - AZ - USA - UNESCO #75

Along with the three Vegas cards, Marissa add this beautiful Grand Canyon postcard, the spot I want to drive to in that red convertible Mustang I told you the previous post. This is my 3rd Grand Canyon card, but the first I have that's "Printed in China" (business in Vegas is just like that right?... outsourcing to the best price!). Thank you very much Marissa, I'm very happy with this surprise - soon you'll get a envelope for me with some more Portuguese cards. This postcard took 6 days to arrive!
 
UNESCO #75 - Grand Canyon - ARIZONA - USA
 
Carved out by the Colorado River, the Grand Canyon (nearly 1,500 m deep) is the most spectacular gorge in the world. Located in the state of Arizona, it cuts across the Grand Canyon National Park. Its horizontal strata retrace the geological history of the past 2 billion years. There are also prehistoric traces of human adaptation to a particularly harsh environment.
  
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment