Friday, January 31, 2014

Berlin Philarmonic - GERMANY

The first classic music concert I remember watching on TV as was Beethoven's Ninth Symphony performed by the Berlin Philharmonic conducted by Herbert von Karajan... I was very young (only later I've found out that was Beethoven) but the image of Karajan really made a impact - I also remember listening to my father classic records, holding a pencil and pretending I was conducting the orchestra. This amazing Vintage Maxi-Card  celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Berlin Philharmonic celebrated in 1982 really made me return to that living room in my parents house. Thank you very much Judith for such a awesome postcard. This postcard took 3 days to arrive!

100 years of Berlin Philharmonic (Maxi-Card) - GERMANY
 
The Berlin Philharmonic (formerly Berliner Philharmonisches Orchester; now Berliner Philharmoniker) is an orchestra based in Berlin, Germany voted number three on a list of "top ten European Orchestras", after the Vienna Philharmonic and the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra. Its primary concert venue is the Philharmonie, located in the Kulturforum area of the city. Since 2002, its principal conductor has been Sir Simon Rattle. It also supports several chamber music ensembles. The funding for the organization is subsidized by the city of Berlin and a partnership with Deutsche Bank.


No comments:

Post a Comment