Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Northern Lights, Tromsø - NORWAY

My first postcard from Norway, and what a beautiful card it is!... Watching the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) is one of my strongest dreams (clearly a top 10 on the bucket list). This card really made my jaw drop and after a quick search about the city I found out lots of interesting things to visit there so Tromsø may well be one of my next winter tours... Thank you so much Yana (do you have a couch available for me and my wife?) I really love your card. This postcard took 4 days to arrive!

Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) in Tromsø - NORWAY
  
Tromsø is a city and municipality in Troms county, Norway. The city centre contains the highest number of old wooden houses in Northern Norway, the oldest house dating from 1789. The Arctic Cathedral, a modern church from 1965, is probably the most famous landmark. Tromsø is in the middle of the Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) zone, and is one of the best places in the world to observe the aurora. Because of the Earth's rotation, Tromsø moves into the aurora zone around 6 pm, and moves out again around midnight.


  

3 comments:

  1. This card is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really amazing Elena, I couldn't agree more - and it gave me a strong desire to visit Tromsø one day!

    ReplyDelete