Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ivana, Taras K. - CZECH REPUBLIC

This is the second artistic nude photo I got today, it's called Ivana and was taken in 1977 by Taras Kuščynskyj, another Czech master photographer. After searching online, I realised I already knew some of his work - I have some of his pictures in some photography books under the name Taras, but I didn't knew he was Czech (don't ask me why, I thought he was Greek). Thank you so much Ondrej, I really love the postcards you sent me. This postcard took 12 days to arrive!

Ivana (1977), Taras Kuščynskyj - CZECH REPUBLIC
  
Taras Kuščynskyj (born on the May 25th 1932, in Prague from Ukranian parents; died on the 27th December 1983) can today be deservedly regarded as a major star of Czech staged photography of the 1960s and 70s. His work became instantly an organic part of national visual heritage. The central theme of Kuščynskyj’s work was the woman, seen as a phantom as well as an element of nature – woman as a riddle, both reflecting and challenging the male world.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment