Thursday, December 05, 2013

INDIANA Map

All the way from Indiana, USA (the cross-roads of America) I've got today another map card for my collection. I confess that Indianapolis-500 apart,  I don't know much about Indiana (but I tell you that annoying Broadway song about Gary, Indiana keeps buzzing on my mind since I've picked this card). US State Map Cards are so beautiful - with my UNESCO obsession I don't spend enough time and effort with my map collection, this is only my 3rd state map (still 47 to go) - I really must give it more attention. Thank you so much for your card Jaelen, I'm sure Indiana is not as boring as you say. This postcard took 7 days to arrive!
  
INDIANA Map and Symbols - USA
  
Indiana is a U.S. state located in the midwestern and Great Lakes regions of North America. Its capital and largest city is Indianapolis. The state's name means "Land of the Indians," or simply "Indian Land." This name dates back to at least the 1760s but was first applied to the region by the United States Congress when the Indiana Territory was incorporated in 1800, separating it from the Northwest Territory. Residents of Indiana are known as Hoosiers.
  
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment