Friday, December 06, 2013

Ha Long Bay - VIETNAM - UNESCO #672

Today I've got my first postcard from Vietnam! It's always so nice to get home and discover a little treasure like this waiting in my maibox. Vietnam is one of my dream destinations (along with Laos, Cambodia and Thailand on a 3 month trip that is already planned and just waiting for a little small detail called money) and Ha Long Bay is one of the points I would love to know. Thank you very much Andrew and Elizabeth, hope you can be very happy in this new adventure on your live on that far away land. Your great card is my UNESCO site number 237, only 744 to go. This postcard took 12 days to arrive! 

UNESCO #672 - Ha Long Bay - VIETNAM
 
Ha Long Bay, in the Gulf of Tonkin, includes some 1,600 islands and islets, forming a spectacular seascape of limestone pillars. Because of their precipitous nature, most of the islands are uninhabited and unaffected by a human presence. The site's outstanding scenic beauty is complemented by its great biological interest.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment