Thursday, December 12, 2013

Greetings from FLORIDA - USA

I have a thing with flamingos - call me kitsch if you want, but I really like those plastic pink flamingos to put on lawns (much more than garden gnomes) and I intend to have some one day, when I move out the apartment to a house on the mountains one day. Florida is the land of Flamingos and this beautiful postcard came from there, sent by Ricardo on its way to thanksgiving with the family in Miami - thanks a lot Ricardo, hope you had a wonderful time! This postcard took 14 days to arrive!
 
Greetings from Florida - USA
 
Florida is a state in the southeastern region of the United States (the 22nd most extensive, the 4th most populous, and the 8th most densely populated of the 50 United States). The state capital is Tallahassee, the largest city is Jacksonville, and the largest metropolitan area is Miami. Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de León named it "La Florida" ("Flowery Land") in 1513.
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment