Friday, December 20, 2013

Borobudur Temple Compounds - INDONESIA - UNESCO #592

This is my first official card from Indonesia and I'm very glad that the sender picked a UNESCO postcard for me (even if it is from a site I already have, it's a different view that makes my collection more complete). Thanks to the message she wrote on the back, I've learned that the name of this temple "Pawon" derives from the similar Japanese word meaning a fireplace used to cook, so I imagine this was like to kitchen to the compounde. Thank you very much Alin for this beautiful postcard, I like it a lot. This postcard took 27 days to arrive!
 
UNESCO #592 - Pawon Temple, east of Borubudur - INDONESIA
 
The Borobudur Temple Compounds is one of the greatest Buddhist monuments in the world, and was built in the 8th and 9th centuries AD during the reign of the Syailendra Dynasty. The monument is located in the Kedu Valley, in the southern part of Central Java, at the centre of the island of Java, Indonesia.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment