Monday, November 18, 2013

Staten Island Ferry - NY - USA

I belive I've already wrote here that I love vintage pictures, the vivid colors and the look of postcards from the 60s and the 70s really satisfy me (I'm a bit old-fashioned you know). In this beautiful vintage photo of Manhattan there's the Staten Ferry (a NY trademark) crossing the waters and on the back we can see the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center at that time still standing high. Thanks to Rasa, a Lithuanian Postcrosser that lives in England and travels a lot, I now have this amazing card in my collection. This postcard took 6 days to arrive!   
 
Staten Island Ferry crossing to Manhattan - NY - USA
 
The Staten Island Ferry is a passenger ferry service operated by the New York City Department of Transportation that runs between the boroughs of Manhattan and Staten Island. The five-mile (8 km) journey takes about 25 minutes each way. The ferry is free of charge, though riders must disembark at each terminal and reenter through the terminal building for a round trip to comply with Coast Guard regulations regarding vessel capacity.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This makes me nostalgic for New York City when I was growing up there. The Twin Towers were being built and were completed when I was a kid, and we were all so proud of them.

    ReplyDelete