Monday, November 25, 2013

Palau de la Música Catalana, Barcelona - SPAIN - UNESCO #804

I've been in Barcelona several times and the Palau de la Música Catalana was probably the biggest surprise I had in all those visits; true, the Gaudi works are amazing (entering Sagrada Familia it's a unforgettable experience), the old Gothic quarter and the cathedral are beautiful and unique, but when I entered that giant room for the first time I was flabbergasted (probably helped the fact that I had never seen it on TV before). It's astonishing beautiful and I would love to go to a concert there. Thank you very much Sandra for this lovely postcard,  thanks to you my UNESCO collection reaches 230, only 751 to finish. This postcard took 7 days to arrive!

UNESCO #804 - Palau de la Música Catalana, Barcelona - SPAIN
 
The Palau de la Música Catalana has uniqueness, authenticity, and beauty and it is an unparalleled testimony, in the Modernist style, to a public concert hall whose symbolic, artistic, and historical value is universal. The Palau de la Música Catalana is one of the most emblematic buildings of Art Nouveau (Modernism), exceptional both for its qualities and its setting in the historic centre of Barcelona.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment